Computer & Laptop Recycling
Who would have thought 30-40 years ago that so much of the world would be run on and by computers. Technology moves at a frightening pace and whether we like it or not, to keep up, we are forced to renew our computer equipment every few years to keep our edge. But when it is time to upgrade, how are you going to manage all that old stock and equipment in the proper way.
Preparing for disposal of old computers properly
- Have you considered any personal or sensitive information, has it been backed up and transferred, also are you conforming with your company’s GDPR policy. The best place to start with this is to speak to your data controller. They will have policies in place for handling data and will be able to advise you on the proper course of action.
- What about legacy software, can you run them on newer machines, has this been tested. Also, has all data been backed up. Liaise with your IT department to ensure that any important and key systems and data have been retained and are safe and secure elsewhere.
- Before you turn your machines off for the final time, make sure you wipe all programs and data from your hard drives to be sure of no data breaches.
- Consider your internal IT security policy, what level of destruction of any hard drives is enough. You may need a logical or physical data destruction certificate for any hard drives. If you are unsure, it is always safest to remove any hard drives and have them physically destroyed. At its most basic, provided you have wiped them of any data, you can always have the hard drives drilled through.
Computer & Laptop Disposal & Recycling
- Now that the computers are safe, is it possible to sell them or donate them to a worthy cause. Schools for instance have limited budgets so will always value additional IT equipment. There are also some people who export them to third world countries, so if you can get them to them, that might be a good option too.
- If you haven’t been able to pass them on and still need to get rid of them, please be mindful that you cannot throw them in the normal refuse. There are a number of toxins that are present and should these end up in landfill, this will be very dangerous for people and the environment.
As part of our professional and reliable junk and rubbish removal service, we are able to collect and dispose of your computer equipment for you. Here’s how it works:
- You can use our enquiry form or call us to get an estimate and understand our availability.
- We will send you a text when we are on the way. You can even follow them on Google Maps!
- Show us the television you want removed, and we will confirm the price with you
- When you’re happy to go ahead, we process the payment, take the TV away and sweep up after ourselves. If you can’t be there to approve the work, we will even take photos and send them to you.
Please be aware that as a business, you must be able to evidence proper disposal of your waste in case of an audit. For most items, including computers, a Waste Transfer Note will suffice. However, if you have any hazardous waste, such as TVs or Monitors, you must also have a Hazardous Waste Consignment Note. If you don’t have one of these, we can issue one to you once we have completed your clearance and taken any such waste to the appropriate waste transfer stations.
If you are a residential customer looking for computer and tv removal, disposal and recycling, things are simpler. Legally you don’t require any paperwork, however, for your peace of mind, we will still supply you with a digital waste transfer note.
We're in the business of helping others
Core to our values is delivering peace of mind. We do this by focussing on our customers and offering the best experience possible while choosing the environmental option where we can. Our reviews are proving that we are succeeding, however, we are always looking for ways to improve.
Delivering Peace of Mind
As standard we…
First we need a few details on how we can help. It only takes a couple of minutes to fill in our enquiry form and provide us with useful information on your removal, and we can check our availability
Once we have reviewed your enquiry, we will give you a call to answer any questions and arrange your appointment. Depending on your location we can visit you, or arrange a video call.
Once we have everything we need, we will provide you with a no-obligation quote, or for smaller jobs arranged over the phone, an estimate. If you would like to proceed we will discuss the next steps.
We know good service is important to you, so all our vehicle crews are professionally trained and Criminal Records Bureau checked for your peace of mind.
We use green energy, work paperlessly, use reusable & recycled equipment where we can, and reuse, donate or recycle clearance items where possible. (Read More)
With so many happy customers, we could rest on our laurels. But we are committed to reviewing and improving what we do to make your experience even better.
When we set up this business, we wanted to make sure we were a force for good. We use reusable and recyclable equipment when possible, are paperless, use renewable energy and donate, reuse and recycle all that we can.
What people are saying about us...
When you have a lot of rubbish to deal with, like after a major project or tackling a house clearance, it can be expensive and
Thanks to modern medicine and higher standards of living, we’re living longer and dealing with situations that did not affect previous generations to the same
You’ve seen the shows, heard the stories – people who, for one reason or another, find themselves completely surrounded by possessions. Hoarding affects approximately 1.2